CIMA qualified applicants typically opt for careers that allow forward thinking and strategy based roles. And with the weight of the complete CIMA qualification behind you, you will be able to take on wide-ranging roles in any kind of organization or industry; supporting the configuration of strategies and making financial decisions. As a CIMA member, you may even land a top role like that of the Financial Controller or the Managing Director!
CIMA has a total of 17 examinations with exemptions available for various entry levels. Business skills are a key part of the CIMA qualification, covering Business and Management Accounting papers, Information Management Strategy, Strategic Marketing, and Management and Finance Management. The CIMA qualification contains four stages with three years of practical experience and can be completed between 2 to 2.5 years.
The qualification level
CIMA can be started without any previous qualifications. The course can kick-off at two levels: the Certificate and the Professional qualification. If you’ve just left school, or have been working but do not have the necessary qualifications, you can begin with the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting. If you do have previous qualifications, you may be able to start with the CIMA Professional qualification, and even be exempt from some papers.
Why opt for CIMA?
So, why choose the CIMA? That’s because:
- CIMA is the perfect course for those who are focused on their choice and area of work.
- It works best for candidates who have a keen interest in the world of business and management.
- It boasts of a perfectly good overlap with business practice, making it an excellent starting point for a career in that domain.
- The CIMA certificate provides a wide range of career options both in and outside the finance industry.
- With a greater emphasis on strategic business skills, a CIMA qualification spreads out your career options, in and outside of finance.
- CIMA is the only Accountancy body that focuses primarily on business needs.
- CIMA is best suited to candidates with a flair for strategy, commercial awareness, and good negotiation skills.
- CIMA-qualified accountants are authorized to use the designation of Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), which makes them a part of an international network that earns recognition no matter where one goes.
- It equips you with skills that will allow you the chance to work keeping in mind the strategic needs of the business; which is perfectly suited for large employers.
- CIMA accountants are highly respected amongst their employers, because of their calibre of training.
- CIMA graduates develop analysis, strategy, risk management, planning and communication skills, encompassing a broad range of attributes.
- CIMA qualified professionals have the commercial skills and knowledge to work in senior board-level positions, making all the top decisions that drive organizations.
- With a CIMA qualification, there’s a greater chance of securing the top jobs. Which translates to more bargaining power when it comes to negotiating the payment.
What is the scope of CIMA?
- There’s an increasing demand for accountants all across the world, and a CIMA qualification is a bonus because it is valid in most countries.
- A rapidly evolving economic scenario and the complexity of the business environment means there is a growing demand for CIMA professionals, especially in India.
- As a CIMA member, one of the more widely available options is that of a management accountant; where you’ll focus on strategizing, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and an optimization of cash flows.
- If you’re into problem-solving and advice-dispensing, then management consulting is the path for you.
- CIMA allows you the chance to work as a business analyst; with a chance to provide valuable insights to the management in making strategies.
- If you’ve got the investigative skills to verify the authenticity of transactions, detect white collar crimes such as asset misappropriation, embezzlement of funds, securities fraud, etc then CIMA allows you the chance to hone those skills as a forensic analyst.
- As a finance controller, you’ll be able to take all the financial decisions of the company: procuring funds, buying assets, producing financial and accounting reports, etc.
- As project managers, you’ll be responsible for the timely execution of a project as well as analyzing and amassing all the requirements of the said project.
- CIMA members get to bag senior level roles across different sectors.
- The average annual salary for an operation-level CIMA employee is around Rs. 10.58 lakh, while comprehensively qualified members can expect anywhere around Rs. 30 lakh or more per annum!
- A CIMA certification only enhances your professional stature and opens up the way for you to work with eminent clients across the globe.
In an ever progressing global financial market, now is the time for highly specialized financial experts. CIMA is a qualifications that’s globally credited and very highly regarded in the field of Finance and Accounting. Currently, the professional wind blows in the direction of specialists, which means candidates with very specific skill sets are now preferred over everyone else. If you see yourself falling in a specific category, then maybe it’s time to up the ante by embracing and enhancing those strengths!